Monday, February 23, 2009
Posted by Lisa at 11:29 AM
Monday, February 16, 2009
2. Chrissy is the most fearless and creative cook I know. She makes amazing food and she uses whatever she feels like and is never scared how it will turn out. All of us girls cook like our mother--we don't follow recipes--but Chrissy just takes it to another level.
3. Chrissy referenced the country song "Livin' On Love" in her mission farewell talk.
4. Chrissy used to tell us stories using the ingredients as she mixed up cookie dough. The butter was sunshine, the sugar was snow, etc.
5. Chrissy loves to eat butter. Straight butter.
6. Chrissy once sang karoke to ABBA's "Waterloo" at the fair and brought the house down.
7. Chrissy named her dog Rusty Sundance Barrett. He was the best dog ever.
8. Chrissy is prone to severe laughing attacks. They tend to hit when she is in the kitchen. She usually ends up on the floor for 20 minutes or so.
9. Chrissy served a mission in France. She is the only member of our family (of those who served missions) that did not go to Brazil.
10. Chrissy has moves. Always has. She thinks she can no longer dance, but I know that girl could still bust it if the opportunity arose.
11. Chrissy loves to sing like a man when she is sick. Her favorite is "Broken Heartsville". If you haven't heard her do it, make it a priority to catch her next time she has a cold.
12. Chrissy made me love the rain.
13. Chrissy is the only member of our family that still lives in California. She lets me know when there are available houses near her though.
14. Chrissy always washes her eyebrows when she is finished doing her makeup.
15. Chrissy has very creative ways of getting her children to eat. The girl works hard at it. It is exhausting to watch.
16. Chrissy once said that when she got married she and her husband were going to hold hands all night while they slept. How's that workin' out for ya, Brandon?
17. Chrissy plays the piano and the flute.
18. Chrissy has been known to wear tight, very bright, green pants. And she rocked 'em.
19. Chrissy thinks she is the only one in the family that is not funny. Oh, she is so wrong. Robert is not funny either.
20. Chrissy makes up her own lyrics to well-known songs. It never ceases to amaze me how well she can do this at the spur of the moment.
21. Chrissy can hold her own in any arguement. And if you happen to be a doctor, you really should not mess with her.
22. Chrissy got a light blue Mazda 626 with a sunroof for her 16th birthday. She loved that car. And she loves her current vehicle, a light blue Toyota Sienna, named Cloudia.
23. Chrissy is Wonder Woman.
24. Chrissy cannot finish a meal in one sitting. She leaves her food on the table and comes back 20 minutes later to finish. She also has to eat right before she goes to bed or she will starve in the night.
25. Chrissy proved me wrong. I thought that Chrissy was fragile. When she was dating her now-husband I told him that she has a fragile soul. Then I saw her become a mother and I knew I had been wrong all along. She is most likely the strongest person I will ever know. I also told her husband that she is too good for this world--but I was right about that.
Posted by Lisa at 8:54 AM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
2. My Mom sews really well. She made her own wedding dress and used to make my two sisters and I matching dresses every Easter. She, however, did not pass the sewing ability on to me.
3. My Mom was very good about making sure we had Family Home Evening every week while we were growing up. And like all children, we were so appreciative.
4. My Mom likes her some Neil Diamond, the Bee Gees, and Aaron Neville.
5. My Mom thinks Tom Selleck is hot. Oh wait, no, she thinks my Dad is hot.
6. My Mom LOVES frogs. She liked 'em when she was little and she liked 'em when she was grown. She's had a couple frogs, but the one I remember is, Barnaby, the frog who she would let crawl around in the dirty laundry piles. I also remember one time for sure that my brother totally got off the hook when he came home way too late, but he brought a frog he had caught to my mom.
7. My Mom likes the donuts with the pink or orange frosting and the Apple Fritters.
8. My Mom likes to read a good book while eating a good apple.
9. My Mom has to take a bath every night right before she goes to bed so she can get her feet warm enough, or else she can't fall asleep.
10. My Mom likes men's legs. That's all I'm going to say about that.
11. My Mom sang us primary songs at bedtime.
12. My Mom taught me to be a "high endurance shopper". She started me young, and there was a time I could make her proud. Then I had children and it all changed.
13. My Mom is the slowest decision maker in the world. Seriously. She looks at something, then she thinks about it, then she goes back and looks at it again, then she looks elsewhere for something better, then she takes another look, and on and on.
14. My Mom has always been my friend. When I was little she would take me out of school to take me to the movies or get an Icee. When I was a little older she would take me shopping and drop by my school with lunch for my friends and I. There has never been a time when I couldn't talk to my mom. I still call her everyday--usually more than once. And she still answers.
15. My Mom crashed on a motorcycle with her cousin, Cindy. She told us the story once in the car and she was laughing so hard tears were streaming down her cheeks. We thought she might crash then too.
16. My Mom is one of the most hard-working and selfless people I know.
17. My Mom started working at the City Library when I was in highschool. She had highly entertaining stories to tell about that.
18. My Mom gave birth in an ambulance. She's never seemed too happy about that.
19. My Mom cries every time she reads "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". It was her Dad's favorite book.
20. My Mom wanted to name me Thalia.
21. My Mom loves the smell of new baby dolls. I think she named one of them Thalia.
22. My Mom was the Young Women's president in our ward for a long time. I think she will never know how many lives she changed.
23. My Mom stayed with me in my apartment the night before I got married. She laid in my bed and listened to me talk all night because I was too excited to sleep. I will never forget that.
24. My Mom always made us homemade cards.
25. My Mom lets my Dad think he wears the pants. She's sweet like that.
Posted by Lisa at 12:00 PM
Friday, February 6, 2009
Posted by Lisa at 5:00 PM
Everyone seems to be on this "25 Random Things About Me" kick. I guess it's going around on Facebook (I wouldn't know I never log onto my Facebook account, that's just what I heard). So I thought I would challenge myself--I am going to write one for each member of my family. That is my husband, my kids, my siblings, and my parents. However, I am only going to do my side because the Stephenson side is a place I just don't want to go. So that's the goal--don't expect one every day, ya'll know I am not that dedicated, but I'll try my best. Hmmm, where shall we start? I'll think I'll go parents first. Read at your own risk.
Posted by Lisa at 12:13 PM